How To Change The QuickBooks Company File Location
Posted by Charles Williams on December 15, 2009
|In attempting to setup PayClock to import from and export to QuickBooks on Windows Vista and Windows 7, a message similar to There is a problem when PayClock tried to integrate with QuickBooks may occur. QuickBooks running on Windows Vista and Windows 7 uses alias locations when displaying the file location. To correct the issue:
PayClock should be able to synchronize employee names and export hours with QuickBooks. For further assistance, contact our Technical Support Department at (800) 241-4990.
- In QuickBooks, press Ctrl + 1 to get the current location of the Company File.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Create a folder or choose a location on the hard drive that is outside of the Users\Public\Public Documents location, such as C:\QuickBooks Company Files.
- Open the location of the QuickBooks Company File.
- Move the Company File to the to the new location.
- Open QuickBooks and log out of the Company File, if it opens automatically.
- Click the Open An Existing Company button.
- Browse to the new location of the Company File and open it.
- In PayClock, run the QuickBooks Export Setup Wizard.