At some point it may become necessary to remove an employees mapping to QuickBooks. The most common reason is an employee was accidentally matched to the wrong employee. For example maybe you have a Jon Doe and a Joe Doe in QuickBooks and in PayClock. When the sync was initiated you matched Jon in PayClock to the Joe from QuickBooks by accident because the names are similar. To fix the mismatch simply remove the mapping from Jon and then initiate the sync again and match the Jon to Jon and Joe to Joe.
- Select Exports in the navigation list and then choose Manage Exports from the menu
- Select your QuickBooks Online export in the list.
- Select Manage > Remove Employee Mappings from the toolbar.
- Select the desired employee from the list.
- Press Remove Employee Mapping.
- From the General tab click on the Sync data with QuickBooks link. Then match employees as needed.