The integration set up requires that you start the connection and after that you set the pay types that will be associated with the time entries synced to QuickBooks Online. If needed you can also set the classes that will be associated with the time entries.
Step 1 - Setting up the connection to QuickBooks Online
- Select Exports in the navigation list.
- Click Manage Exports in the menu.
- Select New to setup a new export.
- The Setup Exports window will display.
- Choose Standard: QuickBooks Online from the drop down.
- Press + Setup Payroll Export.
- Select the Pay Classes you desire to integrate with QuickBooks Online and press Next.
- Enter a nickname for the integration, if you wish to sync company data check the box, if you wish the sync to automatically take place when finished with the wizard check the box, press Next.
- Press the Connect to QuickBooks button.
- The QuickBooks Online log in site will display. Enter your Master Admin credentials and press Sign In.
- If you have multiple QuickBooks companies, first select the QuickBooks company and then press the Authorize button. Otherwise just press the Authorize button.
- When the authorization has finished go back to PayClock Online.
- The wizard will advance to the last step, click Save.
Step 2 - Setting up the pay types for the time entries synced to QuickBooks Online
- After the connection to QuickBooks is saved, go to the Pay Codes tab.
- At the desired Pay Code set the Mapping Status to Map Pay Code.
- Continue for each pay code you want to have time entries synced to QuickBooks Online.
- Click Save.
Step 3 - Setting up classes
You can link departments in PayClock to classes in QuickBooks allowing you track employee worked time. for time entries synced to QuickBooks Online
- After the connection to QuickBooks is saved, go to the Classes tab.
- At the drop down list select Map Departments to Classes.
- Press the Refresh Classes button, the list of available Classes in QuickBooks Online will display.
- At the PayClock Department list select the department that will be associated to each class.
- Click Save.