These requirements must be in place for the PCPROX and PCEXPRESS clocks to communicate with the PayClock Online application.
- Internet Connection: High Speed Broadband Connection Required.
- Network Interface: Wi-Fi or LAN Network connection with internet access.
- Network Switch: A Switch must be used for connections not a hub.
- Power: 110 – 240 vAC power outlet within 4 feet of mounting location.
- The PCPROX supports POE (Power over Ethernet).
Note: The PCPROX and PCEXPRESS clocks connect directly to the internet and the PayClock Online servers. The PCPROX and PCEXPRESS clocks must be configured with a valid subnet and gateway address to communicate with the internet. DHCP is supported but the use of static IP addresses is highly recommended to help insure continuous connectivity to the online service.
PCPROX and PCEXPRESS Internet Requirements:
- Domains: The following domains are used by the PCPROX and PCEXPRESS clocks.
Note: These domains should be verified that they are not being blocked by any web filters or firewall settings or the PCPROX or PCEXPRESS clocks may fail to see any available updates or communicate with PayClock servers.
- Ports: The following ports are required and should be open to all data traffic coming in and going out.
- 443: (TCP/IP Port) – HTTPS Traffic
- Sites: The following sites should also be open to traffic.
- Time.android.com (Used for obtaining date and time).
- Google.com (Use for verifying internet connection)
If your clocks need to point to a specific DNS Server, please contact our support department.
Public/Guest networks (such as hotel networks) should not be used to connect with a PCPROX or PCEXPRESS clock. Most Public/Guest networks require you to agree to and accept Terms of Service. Because of this, the PCPROX and PCEXPRESS clocks cannot connect to the Internet through Public/Guest networks.
The PCPROX and PCEXPRESS Time Clocks utilize and support TLS 1.2.
- Wireless Requirements:
- In order for a PCPROX and PCEXRESS to communicate with a wireless access point, the wireless access point is required to:
- Be of type IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Use WEP, WPA or WPA2 security protocol.