In using the 1000E, the ribbon can print 60,000 impressions or last for 1 year of normal use provided the ribbon is used at normal temperature and humidity. The ribbon must be replaced if the time recorder is printing light on the card or if it is not printing with Part Number VIS6008. To insert or change the ribbon:
- Insert the key into the Top Cover and turn it 1/4 turn to unlock the cover.
- By holding the left and right sides, lift the Top Cover up.
- Hold the Ribbon by its handle.
- Pull the ribbon out to the right of the time recorder.
- Remove the new ribbon from it's packaging.
- Turn the knob of the new cassette in the direction of the arrow to tighten the ribbon.
THE RIBBON DOES NOT TIGHTEN TO THE TOUCH. EXCESSIVE TURNING WILL SHORTEN THE LIFE OF THE RIBBON.
- Place the ribbon cassette inside the time time recorder.
- Push the cassette until the clasps at both sides catch. You should hear it snap to place.
- Insert the ribbon cassette so that the ribbon is between the print head and the ribbon mask.
- After the ribbon is inserted, turn the knob of the cassette in the direction of the arrow to straighten the ribbon to prevent the ribbon jamming in the time recorder.
When completed, place the cover on the 1000E. Testing the print can be done before or after the cover is placed.