Before continuing to the steps below, please verify the firmware version on on your CT70/CT72 to do so:
1. Press the Settings button and enter your Admin(Default Pin= 99999)pin.
2. In the Settings menu, press the Device Info button
3. Your current firmware version will be displayed in the Version section. If your version number is 188.8.131.52 or below, please continue to the next section of this guide below. If your version number is higher than 184.108.40.206, DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE SECTION BELOW, you can update your clock via the Check for Updates button in the Settings menu.
Warning: Only follow the steps below if your firmware version is 220.127.116.11 or below. If you are unsure, please reach out to our technical support department for assistance at 1-800-241-4990.
These instructions will walk you through; downloading the update file, copying the file to a USB flash drive, and updating the clock with firmware 18.104.22.168 or below.
*USB flash drives need to be formatted as FAT, FAT32, or exFAT. NTFS formatted drives are not compatible.*
Step 1 - Download the update file
- Click this link “download update file”. The update file will be downloaded to your computer in a ZIP format.
Step 2 - Copy the file to your USB flash drive
- Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Navigate to the download location. Typically, the file will be placed in your computers Downloads
- Locate the ZIP and right click on the file. Select Extract All… to unzip the file.
- Copy the unzipped update file (exe) to the USB flash drive.
- Eject the USB flash drive from your computer.
Step 3 - Start the update at the CT70/72 clock
- The CT clock should be powered up and must be connected to the internet.
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the right side of the clock.
- The update will start automatically and display “Applying Updates…”.
- When the first part of the update is finished, unplug the USB flash drive.
- Tap “Restart Now”.
- The next step of the update will begin and display “Getting Ready…”.
- When the update process is finished, “Update Complete” will show on the screen.
- Tap “restart now” to reboot the clock.
Your update has finished, and the clock is running the latest software!