A PC700 terminal can receive updates to the firmware with its On-Line Update feature. If there is no internet connection for the PC700, the files can be downloaded to a flash drive. To use the PC700 Online Update:
- Press the Admin button to access the Administrator mode.
- Press Enter PIN.
- Enter the administrator PIN number. The Default PIN is 9 9 9 9 9.
- Press Enter.
- Press Device Information.
- Make note of the Version number in the lower right of the display. The format should be similar to 22.214.171.124.
- Press the Check for Updates button to start the update process. Be patient this may take a few minutes.
- Press Yes if a window asking Would you like to install it now? is displayed.
- Press the Start button when completed.
The PC700 should reset and return to the default screen. To verify the update occurred, access the Administrator Mode and review Device Information.
Article is closed for comments.