A PC700 terminal can receive updates to the firmware with its On-Line Update feature. If there is no internet connection for the PC700, the files can be downloaded to a flash drive. To use the PC700 Online Update:
- Press the Admin button to access the Administrator mode.
- Press Enter PIN.
- Enter the administrator PIN number. The Default PIN is 9 9 9 9 9.
- Press Enter.
- Press Device Information.
- Make note of the Version number in the lower right of the display. The format should be similar to 220.127.116.11.
- Press the Check for Updates button to start the update process. Be patient this may take a few minutes.
- Press Yes if a window asking Would you like to install it now? is displayed.
- Press the Start button when completed.
The PC700 should reset and return to the default screen. To verify the update occurred, access the Administrator Mode and review Device Information.