PayClock PC700/CT Series Time Clock Requirements
These requirements must be in place in order for the PayClock PC & CT series clocks to communicate with the PayClock Online application
- Internet Connection: High Speed Broadband Connection Required!
- Network Interface: LAN Network connection with access to the internet.
- Network Switch: A Switch must be used for connections, not a Hub
- Power: 115vAC power outlet within 4 feet of the mounting location.
Note: The PC700/CT series clocks connect directly to the internet and the PayClock Online servers. The use of a Proxy Server is not supported. The PC700/CT series clocks must be configured with a valid subnet and gateway address to communicate with the internet. The use of static IP addresses is highly recommended to help insure continuous connectivity to the online service.
- Domains – The PC700/CT series clocks use the following domains:
Note: These domains should be verified that they are not being blocked by any web filters or firewall settings or the PC700/CT series clocks may fail to see any available updates or communicate with PayClock servers.
- The following ports are required and should be open to all data traffic coming in and going out
53 DNS (TCP/IP Port) – 126.96.36.199
80 Used by PC700/CT series clocks to access updates
123 UDP – NTP Traffic
443 (TCP/IP Port) – HTTPS Traffic
- The following site should also opened to traffic
Pool.ntp.org (Used for obtaining the date and time)
If your clocks need to point to a specific DNS Server, please contact our support department.
Public/Guest networks (such as hotel networks) should not be used to connect a PC700 or CT Series clock. Most Public/Guest networks require you to agree to and accept Terms of Service. Because of this, the PC700/CT Series clocks cannot connect to the Internet through Public/Guest networks.
In order for a PC700/CT Series clock with wireless capabilities to communicate with a wireless access point, the wireless access point is required to:
- Be of type IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Use WEP, WPA or WPA2 security protocol