If the PayClock or TouchStation computer is appearing to freeze when it is sitting idle, the computer's power options may be disabling one or more components. This can cause the TouchStation not to function. Power Management Options for the computer(s) hard drive should be disabled. To do so:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Open the Power Options.
- On Windows XP, select Never for Turn Off Hard Disks on the Power Schemes tab.
- Select Never for System Standby.
- Select Never for System Hibernates, if it is shown.
- Click OK.
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, change the advanced power options so that the USB ports and hard disk stays on at all times.
- Apply the changes.
If the hard disk turns off or if the system goes into a standby or hibernate mode, the TouchStation cannot communicate with the PayClock Database Service. For further assistance, contact our Technical Support Department at 404-691-1064.