The 1600E is an atomic time clock and will synchronize to the time zone set on it. Sometimes certain environmental conditions may cause this feature to malfunction and you may want to disable the atomic synching. To disable this feature:
- Take the top off the clock.
- Press the Select button, if prompted for a password enter it here.
- Press the Select button until the little black arrow is over Time Zone.
- The display will show a flashing number. Press Change until this number is a 6.
- Press the Set button twice.
The clock will now no longer synchronize the hour based off the time zone. The 1600E will still change the hour based off the DST settings twice a year.