The LTR-GPS units firmware can be upgraded after it is installed. To upgrade the units, the equipment needed is:
- EPROM Extractor, Part Number VII0033 (supplied)
- EPROM Firmware Chip, Part Number VSI5551 (supplied)
- Small Common Screwdriver (1/8" blade)
- Small Phillips Screwdriver (#1 or #2)
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE BEGINNING.
Click Here to download a copy of these instructions.
- Disconnect any wires and cabling connected to the LTR-GPS.
- Make a note of which wires are connected to which terminal block positions.
- Remove the four Phillips screws securing the LTR-GPS cover to the base.
- Perform the following while grasping top cover by base flange on each side.
- Hold the LTR-GPS just above a table top or flat surface.
- Gently but firmly, press the top of the cover with your thumbs while pulling the flanges away from each other with your fingers. While doing this allow the base containing the circuit board to fall free onto the surface.
- Set top cover aside.
- Remove the existing EPROM Firmware Chip V2.00 (U1) using the extractor.
- Note the orientation of the Firmware Chip by the printing on the label.
- Install the new EPROM Firmware Chip with your finger and thumb noting the orientation.
- Reattach the top cover by pulling the flanges apart and installing the 4 screws.
- Reattach any wires and cables which were disconnected.
For further assistance, contact our Technical Support Department at 404-691-1064.