The type section on a Mechanical Time Recorder can be easily replaced. If the type section needs some repair or if the Print Style is being changed, it can easily removed and replaced without sending the entire machine for repair. To change the type section:
- Unlock the case cover and pull it forward to remove it. Wait until the clock "clicks."
- Press either side of the Type Section Headlock to unlock the clock face from the frame. Review the users guide to see a diagram.
- Pull upward on the lower part of the clock face.
- Remove the Type Section Retaining Ring.
- Lift the type section slightly and move it to the right to release the Hinge Pins from their sockets. The type section unit will lift out.
- Insert the new Type Section with the Hinge Pins plug into their sockets.
- Install the Type Section Retaining Ring.
- Set the punch time on the time recorder.
- Set the face time on the time recorder.
- Lower the type section into place.
After the time recorder is reassembled and the time is set, the time recorder should be ready for normal use. For further assistance, contact our Technical Support Department at 404-691-1064.