Lathem Time Corporations' Mechanical Recorders are ideal for payroll time or job costing. To set the time on a mechanical clock, the clock model and how it prints must be determined. After determining this information, the face as well as the punch must be set to the correct time. To set the punch date and time on a mechanical clock:
- Hold the corner of the Clock Face and release the Release Latch by pushing it to the left. Review the users guide to see a diagram.
- Slowly let the Type Section down and press it firmly into the Type Section Headlock.
- Punch the clock and verify the time and date or day is correct on the type wheels.
- To set the time on an analog clock face, rotate the Clock Face Setting Wheel until the clock face displays the same time as shown on the sample punch.
DO NOT TURN CLOCK HANDS WITHOUT USING THE SETTING WHEEL. DAMAGE WILL OCCUR IF THE WHEELS ARE SET IMPROPERLY.
- To set the time on a digital clock face, Use the Hour and Minute buttons to set the display to the time shown on the sample punch. Refer to the Dial of Decimal Equivalents to determine the correct setting for the time if using Hundredths or Tenths on the type wheels.
- Set the punch time, as needed.
Mechanical clocks do not automatically adjust for daylight saving time. the time must be set manually for each occurrence. When this is complete, replace and lock the case cover. The timeclock is ready for use.
Article is closed for comments.