Lathem Mechanical Time Recorders have self-reversing ribbons. The ribbon is simple and easy to change. Ribbons can be ordered from our Online Store. To change the ribbon:
- Unlock the case cover.
- Pull it forward to remove it. Wait until the clock "click" and is held in the up position.
- Press either side of the Type Section Headlock to unlock the clock face from the frame. Review the users guide to see a diagram.
- Pull upward on the lower part of the clock face until the Type Section locks in the up position.
- Remove the Cotter Pins that retain the ribbon spools.
- Remove the old spools from the time clock.
- Lift the Ribbon Hold-down Guide. Use a pen or pencil to support the guide in up position.
- Remove and properly discard the old ribbon.
- Insert the new Lathem ribbon. Make sure the ribbon feeds from the bottom of the ribbon spools and runs BETWEEN the Reversing Fingers. Align the red side of the ribbon with date wheel(s).
- Install the cotter pins, remove pencil, and lower the type section into place.
- Set the punch time on the time recorder.
- Set the face time on the time recorder.
After the time is set, connect the clock to AC Power. The unit should operate as normal.