The 7000E can be configured for a Monthly Payroll Mode. Only the total hours are calculated. Regular hours from overtime hours cannot be separated. Timecards cannot be used to cover more than one pay period and the backside of the cards can't be used until the front side is full within the the same period. To set this payroll mode:
1. Insert the key into the Top Cover and turn it 1/4 turn to unlock the cover.
2. By holding the left and right sides, lift the Top Cover up.
3. Press and hold the FUNCTION button for 3 seconds.
4. When the 7000E beeps, release the FUNCTION button.
5. Press the FUNCTION button to move the Indicator Mark under MODE.
6. Press CHANGE to select 1 for Monthly.
7. Press SET to save the change.
8. Press the CHANGE to select the first the day of the pay period of the month will start.
9. Press SET to save the change.
10. Press SET again to exit the Programming Mode.
When completed, the 7000E will return to the normal display. Changing the Payroll Mode cannot be done if cards are stored in memory. Trying to change the Payroll Mode while cards are stored will produce an E-49 Error and an All Cards Reset must be done.
Article is closed for comments.