In using the 7500E, the ribbon can print 60,000 impressions or last for 1 year of normal use provided the ribbon is used at normal temperature and humidity. It must be replaced with Part Number VIS6008. To change the ribbon:
- Remove the top cover.
- Hold the Ribbon by its handle.
- Pull the Ribbon Up and Out of the 7500E.
- Place the new ribbon inside the 7500E, within the clasps that hold the ribbon into place.
- Make sure the ribbon is threaded between the Print Head and Ribbon Mask. If the ribbon is not threaded correctly, the clock may not print and show one or more errors.
- After the ribbon is inserted, turn the knob on the ribbon to make sure it threaded in place.
THE RIBBON DOES NOT TIGHTEN TO THE TOUCH. EXCESSIVE TURNING WILL CAUSE THE LIFE OF THE RIBBON TO SHORTEN.
- After the ribbon is inserted, place the cover back to continue use.
If a card is used to test the ribbon and the 7500E is not in use for all employees, it may be necessary to do an All Cards Reset to clear the card from memory. For further assistance, contact our Technical Support Department at (800) 241-4990.