The 7500E vertical print alignment could become misaligned causing the printing to show on the line rather than vertically centered, causing the print to be unreadable. Adjusting the print vertical print alignment should correct the problem. To change the vertical print alignment:
- Remove the top cover.
- Press and hold the DATE/TIME and FUNCTION
- With a pointed object such as a pencil, press the RESET
- When the screen goes blank, release the RESET button First.
- Release the DATE/TIME and function buttons.
When releasing the buttons, the RESET button must be released first in order to access the Vertical Print Alignment Mode. If not, the unit could get reset.
- Press CHANGE to change the value ranging from -04 to 04. Each change, the print position adjusts by 0.375mm.
- Press SET to save the change.
- To test the alignment, insert a blank card to print 88:88, showing the change.
- Press CHANGE if the alignment needs to be adjusted further.
- Press and release the RESET switch to resume Normal Operations.
When complete, the vertical alignment should print as normal.
Article is closed for comments.