The 7500E calculates worked and keeps track of all totals per card by the bar code on the bottom, left side of the card.
An E-50 error could occur due to:
1. The 7500E cannot read the bar code on the timecard.
2. The timecards used are not the E7 Series Cards designed specifically for the 7500E.
1. If the 7500E is having difficulties in reading a timecard, examine the card used to make sure the bar code is not smudged or damaged. If the bar code is damaged, the 7500E cannot read the timecard(s).
2. A. Remove the top cover from the 7500E
B. Remove the ribbon cassette from the 7500E
C. Turn the 7500E up-side down and lightly blow the clock out with compressed air to remove any dust of debris from the unit.
3. Cards used must be the E7 Series timecards designed for the 7500E. Generic cards cannot be used.
If the E-50 is occurring on all timecards and the cards are the E7 Series cards (with the bar code,) there may be an issue with the unit. If the 7500E was purchased within the last 30 days, contact the vendor where the 7500E was purchased to have it replaced. If the 7500E was purchased more than 30 days ago, the 7500E must be replaced.