The 7500E tracks each card used with the unique barcode printed on the card. When a card is used, the totals for the card are printed and stored in the time recorders memory. If the time recorder is printing over existing times:
- Verify each card issued to employees is a unique number from 1 to 100.
If cards are duplicated, the 7500E cannot distinguish the difference between two cards with the same number.
- Verify the weekly, biweekly, semimonthly or monthly Payroll Mode is selected.
- If the time recorder is used in Job Cost Mode, verify that cards are being reset at the end of a job.
- If an all cards reset, an individual card reset or if a complete reset was performed, employees must be issued new cards.
If the date on the 7500E is in the future and it is changed back, this problem can occur. Before changing the date:
- Punch all cards OUT to retain the totals.
- Change the date.
- Issue new cards to the employees.
At the end of the period, the totals for each card must be added to get the grand total hours per employee.
Article is closed for comments.