On a 6000E, the E-30 error means the unit can not print due to either something jamming the print head from moving or the print head cannot return to its idle position. To correct the problem:
- Remove the Top Panel Cover.
- Make sure there is no jammed card in the card slot.
- Remove the Ribbon Cassette.
- Check for any debris in the Ribbon Cassette area.
- Insert the Ribbon Cassette into place.
- Place the cover back on the 6000E.
If the error still occurs, one or more of the sensors that detects the print head location has failed or one of the motor components has failed.