The 6000E vertical print alignment could become misaligned causing the printing to show on the line rather than vertically centered, causing the print to be unreadable. Adjusting the print vertical print alignment should correct the problem. Changing the vertical print alignment will completely reset the 6000E. To change the vertical print alignment:
- Remove the top cover.
- Press and hold the SELECT and RIGHT ARROW
- With a pointed object such as a pencil, press and release the RESET
- When the unit beeps, release the SELECT and RIGHT ARROW
- Press SELECT to reduce the Vertical Print Alignment number.
- Press LEFT ARROW to increase the Vertical Print Alignment number.
The adjustments range from 00 to 09. Each value, adjusts the print position by 0.375mm.
- Press SET to save the change.
- To test the alignment, insert a blank card. the unit should print 88:88, showing the alignment change.
- Press CHANGE if the alignment needs to be adjusted further.
- Press and release the SET to exit the vertical print alignment.
When completed, set the date, time and pay period. When the cover is in place, the unit should work as normal. The alignment of the print should be adjusted for each print. It is recommended to go through this process at the end of the pay period.
Article is closed for comments.