On a 6000E, the error message E-05 error means the timecard is not pulled in properly due to the card forwarding motor or sensor does not recognize the card being inserted. To correct the problem:
- Remove the Top Panel Cover.
- Make sure there is no jammed card in the card slot.
- Remove the Ribbon Cassette.
- Check for any debris in the Ribbon Cassette area.
- Insert the Ribbon Cassette into place.
- Place the cover back on the 6000E.
If the problem persists, the card is being caught by something in the card slot or one or more of the sensors in the 6000E have malfunctioned.
Article is closed for comments.