On a 6000E, the E-38 error means the printing cannot occur due to the print head motor or print head sensor is not moving properly. The unit should be placed in a clean environment. Error E-38 will result if excessive dust or other pollutants settle on the sliding rails of the printer and jam the mechanism. To correct the problem:
- Remove the Top Panel Cover.
- Make sure there is no jammed card in the card slot.
- Remove the Ribbon Cassette.
- Check for any debris in the Ribbon Cassette area.
- Insert the Ribbon Cassette into place.
- Place the cover back on the 6000E.
If the error still occurs, one of the motor components has failed
Article is closed for comments.