Setting the time on the 6000E is essential for accurate time tracking and record keeping. It must be set after the unit is reset or if the vertical alignment is adjusted. The 6000E was discontinued. Service and support is still available while parts last. To program the time:
- Insert the key into the top cover and turn it 1/4 turn to unlock the cover.
- By holding the left and right sides, lift the top cover up.
- Press SELECT to choose DATE/TIME. Either a "60" or "100" indicates print format.
- Press the Right Arrow () to select the Hour.
- Press the Plus button () to move the Hour forward.
- Press the Minus button () to move the Hour backward.
- Press the Right Arrow () to select the Minutes.
- Press the Plus button () to move the Minutes forward.
- Press the Minus button () to move the Minutes backward. Seconds reset to Zero.
- Press the Right Arrow () until the selection bar is flashing under 12 Hr.
- Press the Plus button () or Minus button () to select 12 Hour (AM/PM) or 24 Hour format. The bar indicates 12 Hour format.
- Press SET to save the changes.
When completed, the unit should work as normal.