Lathem's 5000E Plus offers the feature of synchronizing to an LTR-512 Master Clock as a secondary slave clock. These features REQUIRE the use of the Optional 30-Volt Plug-In Relay Board(Discontinued). To set up the unit to operate as a slave clock:
- Remove the top cover.
- Press SELECT. If a password is set, the clock will display 99 99.
- Enter the password. The password is required to access the programming. If it is unknown, the time recorder must be reset. To enter the password:
- Press CHANGE to enter the first two numbers of the password.
- Press SET.
- Press CHANGE to enter the second two numbers of the password.
- Press SET
- Set the time within 5 minutes of the Master Controller.
- Press SELECT to position the Indicator Mark over SLAVE CLOCK.
- Press CHANGE to select 1 for Slave Clock.
- Press SET to save the changes and confirm the seconds for the External Signal.
- Press CHANGE to select the corrective Signal Option to 59.
- Press SET to confirm the selection.
- Press SET again to exit from the Programming Mode.
When completed, the clock should return to the normal display.