Lathem's 5000E Plus offers the optional 30-Volt Plug-In Relay Board(Discontinued) for connecting bells and synchronizing to a Lathem Master as a secondary slave clock. Connecting 24V signalling devices requires an Underwriters Laboratories (or UL) Approved 24-Volt Transformer to convert the AC Power Source to 24-Volts to prevent damage to the 24 Volt signalling devices. To connect signalling devices:
- Install the 30-Volt Plug-In Relay Board.
- Disconnect the 5000E Plus from the AC Power Outlet.
- Install the 24V signalling devices in desired locations.
- Install UL Approved 24-Volt Transformer. (Review the documentation for the UL Approved 24-Volt Transformer for detailed instructions.)
- First, connect the wire running from the 5000E Plus to the 24-Volt Transformer.
- Second, connect the wire running from the 5000E Plus to the first connector on 24-Volt signalling devices.
- Third, connect the wire running from the 24-Volt Transformer to second connector on 24-Volt signalling devices.
- Use the Screw Down Connectors to fasten the wires connected to relay board.
- Connected the paired wires to additional signalling devices.
- Program the signal schedule in the 5000E Plus.
Review the user's guide for connection diagrams. Once the unit is programmed, it should activate the signalling devices at the timed intervals specified.
To order 24-Volt signalling devices or the UL Approved 24-Volt Transformer