Custom Comments is a unique feature of the 5000E Plus. Customized Comments can be set to use up to 3 lines. The number of characters per line depend the size of the characters used. The maximum characters to print is 31 characters per line using the small characters. It is recommended to write out the codes for the comments(See attached) before starting the programming. To program the customized comments:
- Insert the key into the Top Cover and turn it 1/4 turn to unlock the cover.
- By holding the left and right sides, lift the Top Cover up.
- Press SELECT. If a password is set, the time recorder will display 99 99.
- Enter the password. The password is required to access the time recorder settings. If the password is unknown, the time recorder must be reset. To enter the password:
- Press CHANGE to enter the first two numbers of the password.
- Press SET to save the changes.
- Press CHANGE to enter the second two numbers of the password.
- Press SET twice to confirm the password and enter the Programming Mode.
- Press SELECT to position the Indicator Mark under COMMENT. The display should show the first comment code for line 1.
- Press SET to choose C1 (for Comment Line 1.) For Comment Lines 2 or 3, press CHANGE to choose C2 or C3.
- Press CHANGE to choose the comment code.
- Press SET to save the change.
- Press CHANGE to move to the next comment code position. Repeat the process until all codes are entered.
- After all codes are programmed, press SET repeatedly until the time recorder returns to the normal display.
When inserting a document into the 5000E Plus, the custom comments should print after programmed. The document must be inserted once for each line of print.