The 6000E was shipped with 2-color ribbon. That ribbon only comes in red and black. When receiving the 6000E, the ribbon must be installed. This time recorder was discontinued on November 24, 2008. Service and support is still provided for the unit including providing parts for on-site repairs and factory repairs while parts are available. To install the ribbon:
- Insert the key into the Top Cover and turn it 1/4 turn to unlock the cover.
- Hold in the Panel Lock buttons and lift the cover up. See the user manual for a diagram.
- Lift the programming panel to access the ribbon seat.
- If replacing a ribbon, hold the old ribbon by its frame and pull it up and out of the unit.
- Insert the new ribbon. Turn the knob to make sure there is no slack on the ribbon.
THE RIBBON DOES NOT TIGHTEN TO THE TOUCH. EXCESSIVE TURNING WILL CAUSE THE LIFE OF THE RIBBON TO SHORTEN.
- When inserting the ribbon, make sure it is threaded between the Print Head and Ribbon Mask. Once inserted, it should snap into place.
- Lower the Panel House and place the cover back onto the unit.
When the cover is placed, the face time will automatically set itself to match the digital display. If the ribbon is not threaded correctly, the unit may not print and could display one or more error codes.
Article is closed for comments.