The PayClock Version 6 Database can be backed up and restored from the Backup/Restore Data menu under the PayClock orb. The backup can also be scheduled daily. To do so:
- Open PayClock Version 6.
- Click on the PayClock Orb in the top left corner.
- Click Backup/Restore Data...
PayClock should close temporarily and the Database Assistant window should open.
- In the Backup section, click the Schedule button.
- Place a check in Enable Daily Backups. This is checked by default.
- Enter a time for the daily backup to occur.
- Select a location for the backup file to be created.
The database cannot be backed up to a network drive.
- After the time and location is selected, click Save.
- Click the Close button to close the Database Assistant.
PayClock should reopen after the Database Assistant is closed. When the daily backup is created, it is stored in a PayClock_Daily_Backup folder, which can be added to any system backup processes that occur on the computer. A scheduled task can also be setup to copy the database backup to a network location. Click here to download instructions to setup the task.