* When mounting your FaceIn unit you will need to select a location that is well lit, temperature controlled and away from windows and doors that would cause glare or drastic changes to lighting conditions to prevent environmental interference which would cause issues with the units cameras detecting an employee when they are scanning in. Also, Mount the FaceIN terminal by choosing your “shortest” employee and have them stand in front of the device. Hold the device on the wall so that this employee can comfortably center their face in the LCD display window.*
Setting up your new FR650 or FR700 FaceIn time clock unit is a process of creating the employee(s) in the PayClock application and enrolling their face in the unit. This is accomplished by following the steps listed below:
Add Employees - The Employee button under the Setup Tab is used to maintain the employees in the PayClock software. This will include adding, editing and terminating employees.(For more detailed instructions see your PayClock User's Guide)
Employee Pin - The PIN you enter in the PayClock software must match the User No. at the FR650/FR700 terminal. The software uses these numbers to identify which punches go with which employee. Record the PIN you enter for each employee for use when enrolling employee faces in the time clock unit.
Once the employee has been set up in the PayClock software you will need to update the FR650/FR700 time clock unit. To update the time clock you will need to click on the "Terminal Manager" tab from the top of the screen in the PayClock software and then press the "Updated All Terminals" button from under the tab. Once the update has completed you will proceed to go to the time clock unit with the employee to enroll their face.
- a. From the main home screen, press the Menu The Administrator must present their face to enter the Admin menu
- b. Press the 2 key to enter User Management on the keypad to access the User Management Menu.
- c. Press the 2 key to enter the Modify User option on the keypad to Modify a User/Employee.
- d. Enter the User Number/Employee Pin of the employee you want to enroll and press the OK
- e. Their name will be displayed, press the OK
- f. Enroll the employees face using the Face Enrollment Tips provided in the units Quick Start Guide that accompanied your time clock such as the below.
- Position yourself and bend at the waist to bring your face 1- 2.5 ft. from the screen on the terminal.
- The line of squares at the bottom of the screen indicate how much data is needed to complete enrollment.
- The white dashed box is preparing to locate points. Identification images will only be taken when the green box appears around your face
- Slowly make an imaginary circle with your nose. Two small circles to the right and two to the left while keeping eyes centered on the screen
- Slowly move your face closer until white-dashed frame appears and then move away until white-dashed frame appears
- Slowly turn your head fully to the right, and then fully to the left, all while keeping your eyes centered on the screen.
- Tilt head down slightly (chin lowered) while keeping your eyes on the screen, then tilt head back slightly (chin upward).
- If you wear glasses all of the time, or on occasion, you must initially enroll with your glasses on (sunglasses or dark tinted glasses are not allowed). Once the progress bar indicates enrollment is 50% complete, REMOVE YOUR GLASSES and complete the enrollment without your glasses on.
- g. Complete these steps until all employees are enrolled.
- h. Once all employees are enrolled press the ESC key multiple times to return to the home screen and begin clocking employees in.