A PC600 terminal can receive updates to the firmware with its On-Line Update feature. If there is no internet connection for the PC600, the files can be downloaded to a flash drive. To use the PC600 Online Update:
- Press the Admin button to access the Administrator mode.
- Press Enter PIN.
- Enter the administrator PIN number. The Default PIN is 9 9 9 9 9.
- Press Enter.
- Press Device Information.
- Make note of the Version number in the lower right of the display. The format should be similar to 188.8.131.52.
- Press the Check for Updates button to start the update process. Be patient this may take a few minutes.
- If you receive a prompt to Restart Clock, and not a prompt to install the update, Press Restart Clock, and after the clock reboots repeat steps 1-7.
- Press Yes if a window asking Would you like to install it now? is displayed.
- Press the Start button when completed.
The PC600 should reset and return to the default screen. To verify the update occurred, access the Administrator Mode and review Device Information.
If you have difficulty please use the following article to update via USB: