The PC600 terminal communicates through an ethernet connection. If there isn't a network setup, the PC600 can be connected directly to a computer's Network Interface (NIC) Card. To do so:
- Open the Properties of the NIC Card and the Internet Protocol settings.
- Define the IP (10.0.1.1) and Subnet Mask (255.0.0.0).
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the computer and the PC600.
- At the PC600 terminal, access the Administrator Main Menu.
- Press the Network Setup button.
- Set the DHCP to Off.
- Enter the IP address of 10.0.1.2.
- Enter the Subnet Mask of 255.0.0.0.
- Leave the Gateway at 0.0.0.0.
- Press the Define Host button.
- Press the Host IP button.
- Enter the IP address configured on the NIC Card, 10.0.1.1.
- Press the back button until the main screen is shown.
- In the PayClock software, click on the Terminal Manager tab.
The Auto Discovery feature will not work on a direct connection.
- Click the Add Terminal button
- Select PC600.
- Enter the IP address given to the PC600 in the Device IP Address field.
- Enter the IP address given to the computer in the Server IP Address field.
- Click Save.
- Click the Test Connection button to verify the communications.
After the communications have been verified, information can be updated and polled as needed. For further assistance, contact our Technical Support Department at 404-691-1064.