When updating the firmware on a PC600, an Unable to connect to Update Server message could occur. This most likely occurs due to a configuration problem on the PC600 terminal, such as an invalid gateway, invalid subnet mask where the PC600 cannot reach the internet to check for updates. To verify the terminal setup:
- Press the Admin button to access the Administrator mode.
- Press Enter PIN.
- Enter the administrator PIN number. The Default PIN is 99999
- Press Enter.
- Press Network Setup.
- Review the Subnet Mask and Gateway settings.
- Press the corresponding button to change the Subnet Mask and Gateway.
- Press OK to save any changes made.
- Press the Back to return to the normal display.
If the Subnet Mask and Gateway are set correctly, some other networking issue is preventing the PC600 from connecting to the Internet to get firmware updates.